Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bob2011
Aspirant
Aspirant

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Complete your thoughts, please.

Bob2011
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can only get 1 camera at a time to be on motion actived to record.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using the default Armed mode or one of your own making? The Armed mode has all cameras enabled but custom modes require that you reedit each mode and add rules for additional cameras.

Bob2011
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have tried the default mode all moton on and it doesnt arm either camera so i created my own and even after hours of trying to sdd rules for the second camera can only get 1 to work at a time
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All Motion On sounds like an old mode from last year.  Those have been known to have problems.  Creating a new one is the solution to that.

Once you have a new mode created with one camera, reedit it.  Use the Add Rule under the existing rule and make sure you choose your other camera. WHen asked what you want to do, choose record on that same camera again.  I think you're just missing that you can select other cameras when you reedit the mode and add rules.

Bob2011
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah i have tried to add rules on my own profile too and can only get 1 camera at a time on it. It just doesnt add it and then says session timed out.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bob2011,

Take a look at this article on mode/rule creation. At what point are you having an issue?

How do I create and define Modes and Rules?

JamesC

Bob2011
Aspirant
Aspirant
All of it works up until i try to add the second rule for the second camera
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens then?  You edit the mode and then click on the Add Rule button near the bottom to create a new rule in that mode where you can select different cameras and actions.