Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Caving311
Follower
Follower

I've been tasked with finding a video system that will work at a campground in the middle of nowhere that currently does not have internet.  The big requirements are battery operated, wireless cameras and on site storage.

I'm looking at the Arlo Ultra 2 XL Wire-Free Spotlight Camera – 2 Camera Security Bundle
Item 1557523Model VMS5242-2CCNAS or Arlo Pro 4 XL Spotlight 3 Camera Security Bundle
Item 1557527Model VMS4352P-1CCNAS from Costco.  Both of which include the SmartHub.

But before we spend the money, I wanted to make sure we could set this up and use it at a campground in the middle of nowhere that currently does not have internet, even if I have to set it up at home and take it to the campground to make sure everything's updated.

So, are we on the right path with either of these Arlo systems?

Thanks,
Dan

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Caving311 wrote:

I've been tasked with finding a video system that will work at a campground in the middle of nowhere that currently does not have internet. 

Arlo systems at essentially useless without an Internet connection.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Go camera would be your only solution since it uses cell service. Of course, that service is a paid one...