Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gbloom8059
Aspirant
Aspirant

New unit just out of the  box with 4 cameras. Base connects to the router (ATT2wire) then connects to the internet and begins talking with the cameras, then after 3 or 4 minutes it disconnects from the internet and router. I unplug the power from the base unit and it powers up, reconnects and begins the cycle again. I have done this five times now with the same results....Any help would be appriciated.

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When disconnected from the Internet, what are the LEDs showing?

gbloom8059
Aspirant
Aspirant

Internet shows off, Power and Camera is still Green

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies a bad port on either the base or router or a bad cable. Try a different cable as well as a different router port. If still the same, take the base to another location where you can plug into their router and see if the Internet LED still does the same thing. Have dinner or a few beers while waiting to help take the edge off. BTW, you can take cameras with you if you wish but that isn't needed to see if the Internet LED is changing.

gbloom8059
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Guru
Thanks for the advice, l did as you suggested but have the same results. Now it will go on line and I can see it communicating with the cameras but when I attempt to go live it stops communicating and goes off line again.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

gbloom8059,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

gbloom8059
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unit started working 2 days ago and has continued to work ok. No further issues...Thanks for all the replies.

Gretgg