Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
brixmommy
Follower
Follower

For the last month my cameras are "offline" when I try to pull them up, both on the app and on my desk top. I have replaced all the batteries and also attempted to re-sync the cameras multiple times. Everything appears like it is synced with the base station (appropriate lights flashing, etc.) when I follow the directions, however I cannot get the cameras to work. The base station shows they are all synced and on. Does anyone have any other ideas? 

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, try removinnthe cameras from Settings, My Devices, power cycle the base and then resync. If that doesn't help, you may need to reset the base, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh using Add Device in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

n_r_c
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, even after trying all of the recommended troubleshooting ideas.

I have brand new batteries, I've unplugged the base (and even restarted my internet), and tried re-syncing everything...but nothing!

Of course my 90 day complimentary customer support is long gone...please let me know if there are any other ideas.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

NRC...

Open the battery doors on cameras

go into SETTINGS for each camera and use REMOVE DEVICE

Reset the base by holding in the reset button for about 10 sec till the front leds flash... give it time to reboot and come on line again... at this point the first two left leds should be green. ( power-internet )

Take the cameras and close the doors and resync to the base as if new.

You should be ok now.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
silversaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the similar situation with 2 out of 5 cameras. If one camera works, the other will fail. I have tru reboot the unit, delete device and re-sync and still having the same issue. I had my 5 cameras system for over a year and never had any issue with them....

adcap19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I have had five cameras online for a year and suddenly two of them are not connected to the internet.  I will try the solutions listed above and see if it works. 

INTOWILD
Aspirant
Aspirant
Adcap19 did it work?
Tsprint
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. Have done several resyncs. The cameras work for a while then this error appears. Freezing temps caused the batteried to die . I brought all cameras in the house to warm up. Once warm changed some of the batteries but most were ok. Got all working.......after a while they all went to this message again. They are all still gathered around the base unit area. They worked great for months! Now....NOT!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hate to say it but maybe a base reset would work.  Of course, you're starting fresh but it might be worth the pain, especially since you already have the cameras indoors.  Just make notes of settings, modes/rules and schedule before the reset.

adcap19
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's what I had to do. I got fresh batteries and reset the base. I basically did a complete setup as if the kit was new. It's all working now for about two weeks. No issues.
Tsprint
Aspirant
Aspirant
Interestingly enough once the batteries got warm again the cameras stayed connected. I left them inside all day and they all performed flawlessly. I took one out in 34 degree temps for an 1.5 hours and the battery started showing it was running low. I took it back into the warm and will see if it recovers ok. I am realizing they don't like cold. Argh.