Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras list in library filter on iOS app

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Tiggr
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the current IOS app, 2.4.2, I get every camera ever installed listed in the Library when I try to filter.  Even the Arlo Pros that I tried and had issues with and an old Arlo that was defective and replaced with a new one are still listed. The Android app (current version) does NOT list all the cameras I ever owned, just the current ones installed.  I removed the app and reinstalled, no change.

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reset the base ?  try it...

Also if able use a PC at  https://arlo.netgear.com/ and go into settings to see if the cameras are listed there...

if the old cameras are listed there ( ones you don't have ) use the remove device command.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tiggr
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the online access, no old cameras are listed. After base reset, old cameras are still listed in the iOS app
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A reset is performed by using the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.
Tiggr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep did that already, no change. The filter list still shows non-existing cameras in the library. To re-state. This is the ONLY place on any device including online where they show up. The fault must be with the iOS app even after removing the Arlo app and all of its data (according to iOS) and rebooting the iOS device, and re-installing the Arlo iOS app. There must exist a listing in the iOS device somewhere of all the cameras ever installed that is NOT getting deleted when the app is removed.
Tiggr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I forgot to add that, the app never asks me any account information after re-installing. Thus, there must exist data on the iOS device that the app is getting access to even after supposedly being removed when the pass is deleted! When re-installed, the Arlo app just runs like it was never removed
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support.  This is weird.

Tiggr
Aspirant
Aspirant
The first thing I did was email support to open a case. This was their response:

Thank you for contacting NETGEAR Arlo Support. I do apologize for the delayed response and for the inconvenience that this may have caused you..
My name is Kirby and I will be assisting you with this case.

I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange
(https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange) and post there so that this idea get's proper exposure!

This will help you this case will be taken properly from the right department specially for development of the products and features request.

Regards,

Kirby
Expert ID 46147
NETGEAR ARLO Support

I other words, it seems they just want me to ask the community here, and are done looking into the issue!

I guess it is too hard for them to contact the iOS app developer to inquire!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had inappropriate responses myself.  I just reply back detailing what's happening and why the response wasn't useful.  Not keeping them on their toes won't get you help - staying on them will.

keol
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you find a solution for this?

I have exactly same problem

Tiggr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not found a solution, given up with Arlo’s support. How hard it is for them to research in their iOS app development? They seem to not be able to move beyond the standard troubleshooting reply sheets. I have given up!
anlao44
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem on my iOS device. Called Arlo Support, but 1st-line support told me it's normal. I told her it's unacceptable. Created a case for this issue, but hasn't get anywhere yet. Let me know if you have already resolved this issue. 

Arlo_user2
Aspirant
Aspirant