Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
gnarkilljboy
Guide
Guide
Bought these last year, after my car was broken into. Wish I would have returned them. Went away for a family vacation, and set one camera at the front door, and one at the back. Both cameras lost connection shortly after we left. When this happens, I have to manually sync them back up to the The base, which means taking them down, and bringing them within 3 feet of the station.

This happens, at the least, 2 times a week. The base station is well within range of the cameras.

Battery life is horrible, with new batteries lasting only a month. I even went and bought the rechargeable batteries, and they don't last very long at all. A week, if I'm lucky.

Is there anything I can do to stop the cameras from CONSTANTLY losing connection, or am I better off to just toss them into the trash?
75 REPLIES 75
tjs249
Initiate
Initiate

I have five (5) Arlo Cameras around my home. I usually only get two to work at one time. I suffer from disconnencts, battery drain, basically everything that has been mentioned in the blog. Going to toss the whole system soon if I cannot get a fix for the problems. Like the one person said, I think I have spent more money on this system than I would have on a fully wired in (cameras/power) system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  tjs249