Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras go offline way too often

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
wolfrc
Follower
Follower

I have 3 cameras connected to the base station.  It seems like there is always one or two that are offline and need to be reset.  I have tried resetting the vbase station  and setting everything up again, the problem persists every few day.  Signal strength is good and it is not isolated to a specific camera.  really frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Then you may have some form of interference causing them to go offline....

Have you tried and temp relocate some of them for testing ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
LAL19
Guide
Guide
Having the same problem. Not interference when the cameras have been without problem for years, suddenly problem. Now I’m having problems reconnecting them.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dismissing the possibility of interference without proof is bad form. Yes, they've worked for years but what has changed recently? A new device (TV?) added recently that uses the 2.4GHz band for any sort of wireless connection can cause this. I suppose a neighbor could have changed something to cause this. Don't dismiss the possibility out of hand.

It's also possible you're experiencing a hardware failure. If so, I'd guess it to be the base which fortunately is relatively inexpensive to purchase and try (return it if it doesn't help).

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

In my case, nothing has changed but the frequency of offline is suddenly much more than at any point over the last few years of ownership.

Neighbours?  No one nearby at all.