Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras does not want to install on Base Station. Tried reinstalling app and remove Base.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Danou45
Guide
Guide

Hi,
Since May 1st and last firmware updates (application and base) I have some issues with ARLO base and cameras (PRO & PRO 2).
So I have desinstalled/reinstalled the application on my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S10+), reseted the base, removed batteries of the cameras.
Then I have reinstalled the base without a problem BUT the cameras does not want to be reinstalled after several tries.
=> Internet connection is ok with good speed (around 20Mo).
=> Cameras are 30cm from base during sync.

Please, is someone can help because actually, the system is OFF as no camera is connected to the base.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Danou45
Guide
Guide
Hi,
First thing this morning, I have tried to synchronize the first camera (still connected on USB 2 port like last night). It did not work. So I have disconnected the camera from the base and disconnected internet cable. Start again synch and good news, it perfectly worked.
So I did the same for the last camera but no luck, it did not work. I have rebooted 3-4 times the base, tried several times connected to internet and disconnected, and camera connected to USB 1 port (like last night) and disconnected from the base but it never worked.
So I finally connected the camera to USB 2 port of the base, disconnected the base from internet and rebooted the base. Good news, the last camera synchronized.

So I really don't know what solved my issue but I finally have all 5 cameras synchronized after many many many hours.

Cheers

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can attempt a resync outside of the app...

Just quickly press the base sync and then the camera.  Fast blue flash made it work.

If NG, I would do a full reset of the base and bring it back as if new setup.

Also try via the web access to eliminate possible app issues ;  https://my.arlo.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Danou45
Guide
Guide
Hi TomMac and thank you for your quick reply.

In fact, I already tried direct sync by pressing sync button from the base and cameras. But the problem still there.
Then I have done a full reset of the base by pressing the small button at the rear of the base and created again the account. Same again, I cannot add any camera.

That's why I do not know what to do now 😞

Regards
Dan
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To properly reset, you need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. You can additionally hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and claim it normally. To sync the cameras, only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds. When the LED on the base is flashing, press the camera sync button. Of course, the camera batteries have to have good charge to do this.

Danou45
Guide
Guide
Hi jguerdat and thank you for your help.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

So I have decided to do it again by following below process:
- Remove ARLO base from the app in order to have no device in the app
- Desinstall ARLO app from my smartphone
- Full reset of the base
- Full charge the batteries
- Reinstall ARLO app on my smartphone (but will not open/configure it)
- Start your installation process to synchronize a first camera (hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and claim it normally. To sync the cameras, only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it for 2 seconds. When the LED on the base is flashing, press the camera sync button.)

I have 1 question, after ARLO base resst, do I have to launch ARLO app on my smartphone, open my account and create new ARLO base for camera sync?

Thanks again for your support guys,
Cheers
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Danou45 wrote:

I have 1 question, after ARLO base resst, do I have to launch ARLO app on my smartphone, open my account and create new ARLO base for camera sync?

You do need to use add device in the app (or web client) to re-add the base to your account.  And then re-add the cameras.

Danou45
Guide
Guide
Thank you very much for your answer.
I tried that way but failed again 😞

So I have followed another process by disconnecting the internet cable, rebooting the base, press sync button, then restarting the base and reconnecting internet cable (all cameras are fully charged) => good news, a first camera (PRO 2) was found and added to the app 🙂

Then I have tried the same process for the other 4 cameras (1x PRO 2 and 3x PRO) but after 3hours and many tries, impossible to add these 4 cameras 😞 😞 I really do not understand why???

That's enough for today, will try again once again tomorrow...
Danou45
Guide
Guide
Thank you for your answer StephenB.
I have tried that way but still doesn't work 😞

I have followed another process by disconnecting internet cable from the base, rebooting base, sync the camera fully charged (PRO 2) with base button. Then reconnect internet cable and launch ARLO app. Good news, this 1st camera appears on ARLO app 🙂 and the camera works.

So I have tried the same process with all other 4 cameras fully charged (1x PRO 2, 3x PRO) but unfortunately, after 4 hours and many tries no camera wants to synchronize. I really don't understand why ???

That's enough for today, I will try once again tomorrow...

Thanks again.
Danou45
Guide
Guide
Hi,

Last night, I kept 2 cameras connected to the base last in case firmware needs to be updated.
I have disconnected Internet cable from the base, rebooted the base and start sync process with both cameras in sequence but sync failed (all LED flashing blue on cameras, and green on base. All is good like mentioned in the process).
Then, I have reconnected internet cables and started sync process again but it failed again.

I think I have tried everything, but only one camera is synchronized (from yesterday afternoon). All others refused sync. I don't understand what's happening.

Cheers
Danou45
Guide
Guide
Hi,

I could not stay like that so I have tried again and again.
I finally synchronized both cameras which where connected to the base last night (around 5 or 6 tries for each camera). But the last 2 cameras still doesn't want. So I will connect them to the base tonight, maybe it is the solution?

I keep my fingers crossed and hope to synchronize last 2 cameras tomorrow.

The firmware of this base looks very unstable, sometimes it works and sometimes not 🤔🤔

Cheers.
Danou45
Guide
Guide
Hi,
First thing this morning, I have tried to synchronize the first camera (still connected on USB 2 port like last night). It did not work. So I have disconnected the camera from the base and disconnected internet cable. Start again synch and good news, it perfectly worked.
So I did the same for the last camera but no luck, it did not work. I have rebooted 3-4 times the base, tried several times connected to internet and disconnected, and camera connected to USB 1 port (like last night) and disconnected from the base but it never worked.
So I finally connected the camera to USB 2 port of the base, disconnected the base from internet and rebooted the base. Good news, the last camera synchronized.

So I really don't know what solved my issue but I finally have all 5 cameras synchronized after many many many hours.

Cheers