Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera won't turn on 2nd camera. Switched to known good batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mattq
Aspirant
Aspirant

2nd camera won't turn on switched to known good batteries out of working camera.  Help!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you don't push the batteries down. Just lightly place them in the slots and let the cover push them down. And, of course, make sure you observe proper polarity.

Mattq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok the camera is turning on the blue light turns on it just won't sync up with the base station.   So I removed it and tried to reinstall the camera it just searches and searches and never finds it.  I may have a bad camera. 😞 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mattq,

Try checking this article if your Arlo camera won't sync to your Base Station: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

Mattq
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pushed the button on the camera and the base station and put the camera right next to the base station and it synced up.  This only lasts about a day when I put the camera outside of the house I even moved it right outside of the house from the base station (6ft away).  2nd camera is on the other end of house and no problems.  So annoying 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Switch cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. Lack of signal or poor quality will cause this - you may have to reposition the camera and/or base to maximize the signal.