Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera too sensitive

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
diomaxwell
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, my Arlo camera too sensitive, I have set the sensitive bar to "1", and it still keep notify me every 3-5 min with small leaf movement. Please advise how to improve so the camera will not detect "leaf movement"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the wrong place.  Click on the Mode tab, select your base and edit the Armed mode or create your own custom mode for full control.  All settings like sensitivity are in your modes - be sure to save when making a change.  The Motion Detection Test simply allows you what to use in the modes and doesn't save the setting since you might want to use different sensitivity settings for different modes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you setting the sensitivity? It has to be in your modes and rules. Check out the FAQs here for how to create and modify modes and rules since all settings are in there. Use the Mode tab and select your base. Check out the default Armed mode and create your own custom modes.

diomaxwell
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there, that all have been done. Sensitivity set to "1", and only focus on certain area. I dont think it has something to do with Mode. The Mode is only for setting on when the camera should be Armed/Diable.

This is what happen to me.2017-08-15 12_51_05-(2 unread) - Yahoo - Yahoo Mail.gif

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't actually answer my question as to where you set the sensitivity.  The mode in use has all settings, including the sensitivity.  You must use that setting and save it to be able to change sensitivity.

diomaxwell
Tutor
Tutor

this is setup through mobile devise, is this what you were talking about?

Screenshot_20170816-171355.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the wrong place.  Click on the Mode tab, select your base and edit the Armed mode or create your own custom mode for full control.  All settings like sensitivity are in your modes - be sure to save when making a change.  The Motion Detection Test simply allows you what to use in the modes and doesn't save the setting since you might want to use different sensitivity settings for different modes.

MissouriMark
Tutor
Tutor

You're awesome! 6 months later and this post is still helping. Gave me exactly what I needed. Thanks!