Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Werner_1228
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

my third Arlo camera (set VMS3330) does not connect anymore to the main station after being out of service (and removed from the main station) for quite some time. I have tried about everything including removing all cameras, hardware resetting of the main station etc. In the connecting procedure the camera blinks first a few times blue, then rapid orange blinking.

Any idea what I could do ?

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Remove and refit the battery in that camera to reset it and then attach the charger while trying to resync.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? You say you hardware reset which means you also need to remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh, usng the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. You can then sync the cameras.

A base that needs claiming will have a solid amber Camera LED.

Werner_1228
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your replies ! 

@ Hero: Yes of course, I have removed the batteries and my camera is a simple Arlo wireless - no charger to add...

Werner_1228
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ Guru : The Ledson the main box look fine, as you said, I have removed all cameras, made a hardware reset of the box and reconnected successfully two cameras - but the third one does not connect - see phenomenon in my question - any othe advice ?? Thanks!

brh
Master
Master

@Werner_1228

Did you leave the batteries in the camera while you weren't using it. Try cleaning the battery contacts inside the camera. But it is also possible that if the batteries drained completely for a while, they could have damaged the circuitry inside the camera. I have had that happen to me on several devices.

Brian

Werner_1228
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ Brian: Well, the contacts are perfectly clean and I didn't store it away with the batteries in; but it could have been that the batteries went very low, if that damages the circuitry - bad design.

Could it be: Netgear upgraded the firmware on the box (and the cameras?) to plug some safety holes (I guess during 2017) as can be seen from the SSID of the box that changed. Could be that they changed the password used between the camera and the box, and the third camera didn't make that step? It seems to me that the electronics is working fine (at least not dead), because the camera tries to connect blinking blue for a few times and then starts blinking rapidly amber - which means fail to connect.

How do your 'damaged' cameras behave? 

Thanks !  Werner

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Werner_1228,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC