Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera is synced but not working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
DrivenBatty
Initiate
Initiate

I have six arlo cameras and an arlo base. Recently one of the cameras stopped working. It says it is synced but I when I click play nothing happens and it is not recording.

Here is what I have tried so far:

1) Replaced Batteries

2) Deleted Camera

3) Resynced Camera

4) Insured firmware for both Cameras and base are up to date

As you can see from the below screenshot, the camera is on, has a full battery and is linked to the base station with a strong signal.

All other cameras are working without issue.

However, for just this one camera, clicking play on the website (multiple browsers) or on the IOS app results in the screen just saying "please wait" forever.

The only time the camera will work is if I open and close the battery hatch. So I know the camera isn't bad, but I can't repeatedly open and close the battery hatch. That defeats the purpose of a motion camera 🙂 Any thoughts?

Arlo camera.png

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DrivenBatty,

It is possible that interference at that cameras location is causing an issue. Consider swapping locations with one of your other cameras that is behaving normally to see if the problem follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

DrivenBatty
Initiate
Initiate

Hi JamesC,

Thank you for your response. Other cameras work in that location without issue. Also, I have tried working with this particular camera within a few feet of the arlo base, and still have the same problem.

jmk1947
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras were working fine until this past week. I have 1 that is not working at all even with new batteries, and another that is sporadic. The cameras are not even a year old. Love my cameras, but don't like having issues. The one that has stopped working recorded for a straight 30 minutes before it stopped working at all. The other one that is still working has recorded for as long as 45 minutes in the last week, and it is now working sporadically. What can I do to correct this problem, or are the cameras shot in less than a year?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Warranty is for one year. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.