Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sugarboss
Guide
Guide

These instructions do not match my app.  Mode says Armed, Disarmed, Schedule.  The pencil is only on the schedule and doesn't move when clicked, contrary to your instructions below.  I do not want to change the schedule, ONLY the recording time length.

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

You can personalize your Arlo cameras to record videos from approximately 10 to 120 seconds long. On Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras, you can also set your camera to record until motion stops, up to 300 seconds (5 minutes). 

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the base station or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed.
  5. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to Record Video.
    Note: If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of time and move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap < Edit Rule or click Back.
  9. Tap Done or click Save.
    Your recording length is updated.

hange the schedule.  I want to change recording length.  10 second misses 90% of motion.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First.. I'll explain that the Schedule tho in the MODE section, isn't really a mode...It's a timer to turn on/off The ARMED,DISARMED , and Custom modes you create.

Anytime you want to change the record time OR sense level, you actually had to go to the mode your using

Disable the schedule by picking DISARMED

So go to MODE, pick base if modes don't appear on the right side, pick ARMED, Pick ">" to edit , pick the camera you want ( per camera basis ), hit EDIT

Drop down to RECORD VIDEO. click ">" to edit

Adjust slider to time wanted THEN GO UP AND CLICK EDIT RULE ( this takes you back one page )

SAVE is at the bottom of page

You should be done.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also be sure to use the master account. A shared account from Settings, Grant Access may not have the additional settings enabled.