Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera batteries die quickly

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bigrad
Tutor
Tutor

I have 6 cameras currently in use. I am not at that location but once every 2-3 weeks so can't afford for the camera to drain while AI cm not there.   Intermittently some go from full battery power to near comlete drain from one log in to the next.  They are all in very close wifi range with no interference.  They have the latest software. I think there is a systemic issue here with Arlo/Netgear.  So many reporting this problem.  ANew firmware did not fix it.  Never had this with the older Netgear cameras that would lasst many months.  NOw some cameras getting 7-10 days.  Batteries are way to expensive for this to keep happening.  If can't get resolved will move to a different system. 

Any suggestions since I have tried everything others have posted.  thanks

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bigrad,

The batteries in your Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day.

If your cameras are detecting more recordings each day, this could be why you are having to replace batteries more often than expected.

Take a look at this article for tips on how to extend the battery life for your Arlo cameras: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s battery life?

JamesC