Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rhon94598
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an issue with my arlo system not resetting if it goes offline without having to physically touch the cameras and bases. I bought the cameras for when I travel or not inside my house. This defeats the purpose. Is there any way you can fix this bug. I have experienced this while I am away and it has been an issue for me. I look forward to hearing from someone regarding this issue.
Firmware 1.10.0.9_23037
Hardware VMB3010r2
VMC 3030

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By any chance are you experiencing power outages that cause this to happen? We've noted that the base may not connect if it becomes ready before the rest of the network so recommend use of a UPS to plug your modem, router and base into. That way your network (and Arlo) remain up and working through most outages. This would be especially important for folks who aren't near their systems for long periods of time.

Rhon94598
Aspirant
Aspirant
No power outage and yes plugged into UPS. We did not have a power outage and all my cameras went black for two days. I had to unplug the system and reset every camera. Now they are up and working but again this is not working for me As I travel and want my cameras to be working.