Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station not discovered and won't factory reset??

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
jemmaedwards23
Follower
Follower

My Arlo base station has worked fine for months. Two days ago I noticed it wasn't connected to the internet.  Turned everything off and on, no joy.  Removed device from the app but now when i try to re-add it it is not discoverable.  To make matters worse when I try to do a factory reset nothing happens to the lights. No matter how long I hold reset and sync buttons down the lights don't go off/on or flash amber! HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jemmaedwards23 wrote:

No matter how long I hold reset and sync buttons down the lights don't go off/on or flash amber! HELP!!

No, this is wrong.... Hold ONLY the RESET in for ten secs or so till the front leds flash amber

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Is your factory reset via pressing a paperclip through the pinhole in the back?

Also...has anything else changed on your network recently?

Can you see the Base on your network via your internet routers web interface?

Are you connecting directly to your router or through a WIFI extender, etc...?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The current reset process is to use ONLY the reset button.  The need to also press the sync button is a very old procedure that won't work now.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jemmaedwards23 wrote:

No matter how long I hold reset and sync buttons down the lights don't go off/on or flash amber! HELP!!

No, this is wrong.... Hold ONLY the RESET in for ten secs or so till the front leds flash amber

Morse is faster than texting!
Rick2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perect! I was doing the double button thing per the Arlo guide about 5 times and getting frustrated as hell. Thing is it remains a pain to have to go back to starting from scratch sync etc every week or so

Rb1rd1
Guide
Guide
I am having the same problem but the reset gets me nowhere. I have unplugged, changed ports, checked cable, and my Internet light doesn't come on and the base unit wont connect to the Internet. We had a power outage and after that I have not been able to get it to connect. I have only had the unit for 6 months, but it's been not working for a month
Rb1rd1
Guide
Guide

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rb1rd1,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Mandyhipkins
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh look another the same issue as mine ... my router can see and is conee text to via the earthnet cable . My router tells me the device port isn't working .
I plug in a printer the ports on router are fine it's the netgear that the problem . It's not discoverable from the app
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
See above your post. If you haven't done that, you're spitting in the wind.
RallyPunx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had these two problems on a brand new system I just bought.

On the "won't factory reset issue," yes, the instructions that came with the system states to press both the Sync button and the reset pinhole button at the same time...DON'T. Just press the reset pinhole until the lights turn amber. 

On the "base station not discovered issue", even after the reset it would not discover it. I tried on my laptop and on my iPhone. I spent close to an hour with tech support and finally it hit me "TURN THE VPN OFF". On the initial discovery, it would not work with the VPN. Even on my iPhone, I had to turn the VPN off to initially sync/discover the base station. Once it was discovered, I turned the VPN back on and it worked like a charm. If you have a VPN, turn it OFF to discover the base station. Hope that helps. 

Speaks
Guide
Guide
Mine has been working fine for months then suddenly was offline. I rebooted, nothing. Deleted apps, rebooted and did factory reset. Finally lights all green and ready to go. Reloaded app and now it's not discoverable via the laptop or my iPhone app. Tried several times over the last hour or so but nothing. Have no idea what to do next so frustrating. Help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you did a reset by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber, you should also remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Then use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.