Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MoiBarberi
Guide
Guide

My cameras have been working fine the past 12 months.  Over the last 3 weeks, My Arlo sent me an email about low batteries for 3 different cameras over different days.  I bought new batteries to replace them.  all the cameras are not coming back online.  I tried to remove the cameras from the base station and resync it to the base station but these will not sync with the base station.  I have followed the instructions and here is what happens.  My base station blinks green, my camera blinks blue but never gets to the part of the "rapid" blue blink.  Instead after about 20 seconds, the camera blinks amber rapidly.  I tried to sync again about 10 times but I get the same result.  I tried to use different batteries but the same result of blinking amber.  Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to confirm .... Yr doing a quick press on the base sync button, not holding 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MoiBarberi
Guide
Guide

Yes I did it, I did reset the base station and still not working, I can see in the app once I added to my app but afer that it goes to "getting info" status and blocked my app.

Thanks 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MoiBarberi,

Have you at any point performed a factory reset? (held down the reset button on the back of the base until all LEDs flash amber) If so, you will need to reclaim the base station on your account. Log in to your account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > Base Station > Remove Device. After the base is removed, click "Add Device" on the devices screen, select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

MoiBarberi
Guide
Guide
Yes I did it, I did reset the base station and still not working, I can see in the app once I added to my app but afer that it goes to "getting info" status and blocked my app.

Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MoiBarberi,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

DellitechWeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a base station Arlo VMB3000 and no sync with my arlo camera.

Serial : 4893587 JA6B9E

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

DellitechWeb,

What are the status LED lights displaying on your base station?

Flashfox_Prime
Guide
Guide

Same problem here ... changed batteries in the Arlo camera but the base cannot sync. The camera's blue LED flashes for ~20 minutes before turning off. It doesn't sync or fault. I tried everything I read in this forum apart from resetting the base, which is my last resort (4 other cameras in hard to reach locations).

Changed the batteries in other cameras without any problem ... but not this one (sigh). I then removed the camera and now the base can't even find it.

Pressed base sync button < 1 sec

Sync LED flashes

Pressed the camera's button < 1sec (blue flashing LED @ ~ 1/sec)

Nothing happens ... and ~20 minutes later the camera's blue LED stops flashing

Tried to sync many times to no avail

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Flashfox_Prime,

Can you try and move the base station or router further from each other. Leave the camera within 6" and reboot the base station and sync again with a quick press of the sync button on the base & camera.