Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Michaelnovelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stuck in a continuous loop. Arlo app says that it needs an update and flips you to the App Store. I open the Arlo App in the store and it requests me to login. After logging in, the App says an update is required and the process starts all over again. Very bad. Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pjurutka
Tutor
Tutor
If you delete the app from the phone and re-install, it may solve the issue. It worked for me.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Michaelnovelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pjurutka
Tutor
Tutor
Exactly the same problem with my App. Happened right after 10.0.2 iPhone update.
phil88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suppport,

I just got a message that I need to update my Arlo App to the latest , however I do have the latest.

Everytime time I open it ask for updates and when I go to updates  it ask me to

It is a loop of death.

solution ?

(phone has been switched on and off and App deleted and installed again)

regards

Phil

Pjurutka
Tutor
Tutor
If you delete the app from the phone and re-install, it may solve the issue. It worked for me.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have tested this using an iPad 2 (iOS version 8.4) and am not able to replicate this issue.

Those of you experiencing this, what iOS versions and iOS device models are you running? Consider uninstalling the app and downloading a fresh installation, are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

Pjurutka
Tutor
Tutor

The "update App" issue (loop) occrrued on an iPhone 6S, running iOS 10.0.2.  After deleting the Arlo App, turning off the phone, re-starting, and re-installing the App, the issue was resolved.  Although other users may still be experiencing issues. 

sealodgeg9
Initiate
Initiate

I have an I phone  5s and got a message to update the app as others have. It is on 10.1 software and has been for a while. When you click on the message to update your Arlo app it just goes into an endless loop.

I had to delete the app and reinstall it.

Now when I log in it shows my cameras but the view is much darker and it does not update to the most recent camera view.

Whats up Arlo? It;s been working great since I bouhgt and installed the system in June of 2016.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

phil88, sealodgeg9

If you are having trouble installing the update, consider uninstalling the Arlo app, then download and install a fresh version from the app store.

The engineering team is aware of the issue you describe and is working toward a resolution.

JamesC