Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app on iPad Pro in landscape mode. Missing controls!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chrispybacon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the 2.5.2 app upgrade the controls in the upper right corner when in landscape mode, the controls have been missing.  The only way to delete a video is to orient the iPad to portrait mode to delete a video, etc.  this is aggravating and frustrating.

Also, when deleting a video the audio is still present after the video has been deleted.  Also very frustrating.  Is anyone else having this same issue?

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chrispybacon,

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're describing?

JamesC

Chrispybacon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

yes, I am attaching a file that illustrates with a white elliptical drawn around the area where the buttons used to be for Favorite, Dowlnload, Delete, and Share.  Also, I drew an arrow pointing to the white elliptical.  In order to access the buttons I now have to go to portrait mode by reorienting the iPad.  Not good.  Can you put the buttons back where they used to be located.

thank you for asking.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chrispybacon,

Thanks for the screenshot. On occasion, UI changes will occur in an attempt to improve the overall user experience with the Arlo mobile app. While I understand these UI changes can be frustrating, we ultimately hope to provide a better experience in the end.

I will escalate this topic and try to find out if this was an intended change or if there is an issue with the display.

JamesC

Chrispybacon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James,

I wonder if there is any regression testing for legacy features and functionality. I certainly hope so...

Changing the UI controls should always be stated in the release notes.  While I understand the software development process to improve UI functionality, having to re-orient the display from landscape to portrait (while viewing a video) to select a feature or function is horrible design criteria.   I cannot imagine a use case that makes this sort of change.  Please convey my thoughts to the software architect and/or software engineers that code this interface and I am certain they will restore this functionality.  I also suggest it was a simple oversight and should not have changed. Regression testing would have revealed this change and triggered an investigation.

Thank you again James for your help, and have a great weekend.

TTFN

LakeLady
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the identical problem. When my iPad Pro is in portrait mode I have the controls (delete, download, share, etc.) in the landscape mode no controls are available/can’t be seen. I have spent weeks trying to figure out the problem. The video no longer 100% fills my screen on my iPad Pro and instead the video in the landscape mode has shrunk and above and below the video is a grey area which extremely limits the viewing of the video. My ARLO Version is 2.5.4 indicating my ARLO has the latest version. The latest version has completely destroyed my ARLO wireless cameras which I purchased over two years ago. FYI a couple of weeks ago I called ARLO/Netgear to get assistance. Of course I was connected to a CSR in another country whose accent I could not understand. To add insult to injury the CSR was obviously unfamiliar with the ARLO wireless security system. I asked to be transferred to a CSR in the USA and was told there is no Customer Service offices in the USA. My NEATGEAR SUPPORT CASE #30136655. Perhaps someone/anyone working in the Support area of NETGEAR located in the USA could look up aforementioned CASE# and contact me. I am totally agitated with this NETGEAR-ARLO problem.