Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

So one of my cameras has notified me of motion 2 times yet the icon on my phone (iOS) says 142 notifications on the icon. Really? This has been going on for a while now. And yes I have the latest version. Should it not say 2 instead of 142.

130 REPLIES 130
ScottieMama
Aspirant
Aspirant
My chat with support (not so supportive)
mrlabonte
Star
Star
The new app works correctly as of today. The red badge shows only the actual number of new clips. My app has not been updated, so I wonder if this was a server side issue.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
It might work for you but no for many others. I have 1445 badhes but no videos unwatched or even present. Sometimes it jumps to almost 2000 badges but its always around these numbers and getting larger by the day.
3BoyzDad
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue on an iPhone XSMax (well 2 of them including my wife's).  Currently shows 189 notifiations although none of them are new.  It will go away once I open the library but the next time a camera catches something it comes back with another 180+ number.  

What was this new app supposed to do better than the "legacy" app?

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide
The only way I can clear the accumulated count on the badge is to open each camera separately and then go live with with each one to reset the counters individually! In the attached photo, you can see the individual counters on each camera, in this case 2, 4, and 0. The only way I have found to reset those counters to 0 is by opening each in ‘live’ mode, then closing.
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
I downloaded the new app and now they Orange numbers on the icon will not go away after checking the notifications. Anything I am doing wrong?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
PhotoGuyRowlett
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new Arlo app constantly provides NEW EVENTS that are completely in error & misleading.  After only a few minutes, I will see an indication that there were 36 or 23 or 41 new events.  Probably only ONE or TWO.  

This never occurred using the prior (old) app.  Can I return to the old app or is there a fix for this one?  Very misleading......I do not trust it, anymore.

Rmyers7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the latest app and am getting significantly higher motivations than ever before. When I check the notifications, it’s usually just few detections on the devices, but not well over 100+ like I’m getting. What’s going on?

mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
How come arlo is not taking care of users frustration?? Is Arlo customers service soooo bad. !!!!! Ignoring people like this is unacceptable
Lamej92i
Initiate
Initiate

Since the last version of the iOS application, the number of notifications (the red one) is wrong.

For each new notification, the number increase, even if I check the application in the mean time.

The only solution to reboot the counter is to remove the old recordings.

For exemple : this morging I got 3 recordings (3 notifications), I go to the application and check the videos.

When I close the app, the red flag desapears (normal).

1 hour later, I have a new notification : the red flag is at 4 (and not 1 like it would be).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmarmouz wrote:
How come arlo is not taking care of users frustration?? Is Arlo customers service soooo bad. !!!!! Ignoring people like this is unacceptable

Just guessing here, but if the posts here are any indication, there's a lot for them to deal with right now. I suspect they are drowning in support requests.  

And a lot of what's being reported here needs development fixes (which need to be tested before being released - otherwise they'll just make things worse).

oddmud
Guide
Guide
I too get this same error.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@oddmud wrote:
I too get this same error.

I think everyone is.  Hopefully they will fix it soon.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I too have been having the same issues regarding the notifications number. I find it very frustrating and insulting that the development team can’t come up with a fix, especially when I’m paying almost 10 dollars a month for the subscription plan.

I’ve decided to cancel my $9.99 subscription plan until this gets resolved. Maybe if other people follow this direction the loss of subscribing customers will get their attention. I noticed this was first brought to their attention back in April.

mmarmouz
Guide
Guide
I did the same i canceled my subscription!!!
mrlabonte
Star
Star

I have to retract my earlier statement that the badge started working working correctly. It really did for a day or two, but now it's back to the same problem we all have. Until this is fixed, I have switched back to Arlo Legacy.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi PhotoGuyRowlett,

When you mean you're constantly getting new event indication, are you referring to the notification badge count showing incorrectly?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Rmyers7,

What phone device are you using? And what app version are you running on your phone device?

rfrickejr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since installing the Aug 30, 2019 v2.8 (909) Arlo app on my iPhone and removing the legacy app, the video counter doesn’t reset back to zero.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Rmyers7
Aspirant
Aspirant
iPhone XS, version 2.8(909) released Aug 30,2019. It seems like it is keeping a running total of notifications for the past week.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rfrickejr wrote:

Since installing the Aug 30, 2019 v2.8 (909) Arlo app on my iPhone and removing the legacy app, the video counter doesn’t reset back to zero.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Lots of folks have reported that the badge counters are wrong.

Are you still running 2.8?  Or have you been updated to 2.8.1 (released on 16 September)?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rfrickejr

As StephenB mentioned, is this the notification badge on the app logo, or the number counter within the app on the devices screen?

Awesom59
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having the same issue since updating the app last week.