Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

So one of my cameras has notified me of motion 2 times yet the icon on my phone (iOS) says 142 notifications on the icon. Really? This has been going on for a while now. And yes I have the latest version. Should it not say 2 instead of 142.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released this morning addressing an issue that some users were experiencing that resulted in motion event counts being inaccurate on the iOS badge. Please force close and reopen your Arlo mobile app to test this feature now that the fix has been released and let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

130 REPLIES 130
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @azarloGuy,

Our engineering team is aware that the iOS Arlo app badge notification is showing incorrect and is looking into this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo Pro

Could not find anything besides this https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/iOS-app-badge-app-icon-problem/m-p/1507886 on the community.

I have around 1200 incorrect badges (unwatched recordings) stuck to my arlo app (latest ios, latest app). This is nothing new. Ive had this problem for a long time. Months or a year or more.

If I open the app the badges go away, then after a short while they come back. I do not have 1200 missed recordings.
Its like the ones I do not bother to watch and removed after 7 days does not clear the badge perhaps?

Even if I clear all recordings I have the past 7 days the badges just counting up from day to day. 
I have granted access to my wife, she has around 350 badges that wont go away. Or they go away for a short time after she has opened the app but then comes back.

How can I clear them since the arlo app for some reason do not work 100% with this.
I can always disable badges in ios settings but would rather have this working.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Linusl,

Our development team is aware about the issue where the iOS Arlo app badge doesn't go away or reset and is investigating this issue. We'll be sure to update the community once we hear any new information or update. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
It’s now a full 2 months later and I have one recording today and my badge says 207. If your engineering team is aware of it what is the issue getting it fixed?
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

Hey Arlo, how are you doing with this? Were on the roadmap is the fix? Still very annoying bug.

azarloGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice
Today I got a motion detected (one motion, one camera) and the badge on my app Icon said 27. There’s been times when there were 2 or 3 actual motion notifications and the badge said 146. This was brought to your attention many months ago and nothing has been done. In excusable!
MickHick
Tutor
Tutor
When I get an activation alert the counter next to the Arlo app on my phone shows 1005. When I view and delete the video it resets until the next activation when 1005 appears again. I can only go back a month on the library and there are no old videos. Contacted Arlo support but got nowhere. How can I get this counter reset?
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

There is another ticket for this, I think 1-2 years ago. Its a feature they for some reason have not prioritized. I think it might be connected to family sharing but not certain. Its very annoying.

MickHick
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks - I will not hold my breath for a fix then! Smiley Frustrated

Keri1974
Guide
Guide

Whenever I have a new notification, the red circle says 15, 16, 17 etc. I have to now click on every video to start to watch it so the notification goes away. I don’t want to watch every video. New app is annoying.

luvsthebeachhb
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using the new app on an iPhone 10. Every time I get a single new notification on the app, the number of notifications shows 100+

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed the old app? Either way, try reinstalling the app and rebooting the phone.

smargolin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently installed Arlo app on Samsung Note 10. It works fine, except the notification number (in red circle) next to the app icon doesn't clear when I delete my video library files. It used to on iPhone 6, latest iOS. Here's a screenshot of what I mean... Is this a bug? Am I missing a setting somewhere? Any help, thanks! App version: 2.7.12_25660 Arlo Pro 2 camera VMB4000 Base station 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a
rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Since updating to the new Arlo app, I can't seem to clear my "unread" notification count.  The little red cirle on the Arlo app icon on the home screen of my iPhone that shows how many times my cameras have been triggered will clear immediatly when I click on the "Library" tab to look at the footage.  However, the next time a camera records motion, the circle will again show hundreds of "new" recordings.

How do I fix this?!

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Deleted then reinstalled app. Rebooted. No change.
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Did you solve this?

ive only encountered this once on a friends iPad where her email notification just kept growing. I tried all sorts but in the end I had to remove her email account and set up a new one which solved it.

as a guess if you have tried rebooting your iPhone, messing with notification settings and it’s still growing you may have to reinstall the app to see if that solves it. 

Kktracy3
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine is doing the same thing with the new app. My number clears then I will get a new notification and the number goes back up to like 50
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here, have contacted support via twitter

Terp80
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem and it’s very annoying.

Charon
Initiate
Initiate

Since loading the new app, I keep getting the same notifications over and over.    Every time there is a new alert, I get the total for several days.    For instance, I have (2) actual notifications for today, but it is telling me I have 27.    Is there a setting that I am missing?   I usually log in from an iPhone.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

@Kktracy3 wrote:
Mine is doing the same thing with the new app. My number clears then I will get a new notification and the number goes back up to like 50

Mine reset back to zero this morning, so I thought it was fixed.  Unfortunately, the counter has now started bulding up again.  It seems like the counter resets at the start of the week, rather than when footage is viewed.  Maybe this info will help the programmers fix it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @luvsthebeachhb

Are you using the old Legacy app or the new migrated Arlo app version 2.8?

luvsthebeachhb
Tutor
Tutor

I’m using the new Arlo Pp