Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app hangs when trying to open it (Nexus 5X - Android 7.1.2)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
CABear
Follower
Follower

For the past 2 months or so, the Arlo app has been hanging when opening it from either the notification or the app icon.  It typically shows a blank white page with the Arlo banner on top and will remain like that until I hit the Home button or the App Manager button.  If I do that, then half the time the Arlo app might reopen by itself with the Signing On message.  The other half of the time, either nothing happens or the Arlo app will reopen by itself and flash that blank white page with the Arlo banner about 2-3 times and get stuck again.  I remember when I originally set up the Arlo in February that the app was opening smoothly without any lag or hanging.

Has this been reported yet?  Anyone else with the problem?

Phone:  LG Nexus 5X

Network:  Project Fi (but problem also happens when on wifi)

Android version:  7.1.2

Arlo app version:  2.4.2_17124

5 REPLIES 5
hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app stopped working around noon today, and can't view cameras in live view from the website at home, either.

hochartz
Aspirant
Aspirant

All I get is "please wait" then "device failed to connect to media server."

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Same issue. Closing the app seems to fix it

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I find that using the multitask soft key is usually sufficient to eventually make it work although I may have to do it multiple times. I use the key to display the latest apps and just wait for a couple of seconds which seems to trigger the Arlo app to refresh.  Open a case to add emphasis to the others already opened.

Rockindaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

This happens to me too when opening on my phone. Very frustrating. Does not happen on a computer.