Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo advanced setup question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pebbpebb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I am wanting my arlo camera to send notications from 9pm till 8am (when sleeping) and not to the other times. i also want it to arm and send notications when i leave the geo area. 

Which is the best way to set this up and if i added a amazon alexa later on would that be better? like just tell it to arm when i leave the house.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pebbpebb,

To do this, you will need to create a custom mode containing rules that tell the camera to record when motion is detected, but not to send push notifications. You then will need to setup a schedule and insert the default "Armed" mode during the time frames you want motion and notifications (9pm to 8am) and the custom mode for all other times.

How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

After that you will want to set up Geofencing. Insert your schedule into "Home" within Geofencing settings and then set the default "Armed" mode to "Away".

How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

JamesC

pebbpebb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok

I set up this Schedule https://imgur.com/a/MyZC88Y, set Geofencing when home to the schedule, so it does not active the camera midday if i am home.

I set when outside the geofencing it arms, so i get notifications ect if i leave the house.  

But the mobile app on my samsung s5 is not working correctly. if i open the app and click geofencing, it will update and say i am home. But when the phones screen goes off, it will randomly start swapping to away mode, like the phone is not updating the location correctly to the app?

The mobile app also seems to be having an issue with my Schedule, have i set it up correctly? it does not want to obey the times when to arm and disarm when in Schedule mode from geofencing.

TDLR your app is really bad :S.

Is thier away to set my phone to connect to arlo router and use that as a trigger instead of geofencing?

pebbpebb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just checked again, pc website says camera armed when in Schedule mode, like it should.

When i open mobile app and log it, it says retrieving status then swiches to disarmed, incorrectly. 

????