Arlo Wireless VMC3030

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
knsd2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries discharge within hours after reaching around 50%.

I have had around 6 sets of batteries (3 in each camera)  that have done this.  Netgear/Arlo suggested 1st time) that I had left them live causing them to discharge 2nd time) After the next set, they suggested that it was a problem with the base station, which they replaced.  3rd time) Now they are sending me 2 replacement cameras.  

I'm not sure why, but I don't think that is going to prove to be the problem.  But it will take months before they reach near 50% again - they are great batteries until then, running for over 3 months up to the 50% mark. 

I think it's either something with the software that somehow sucks up the power when they get to 50% ???? Or, the batteries?  Or.. I don't know.

They tell me this is the only instance they have had about this.

Has anyone had this experience? If so, please share your story. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A possible solution is to place batteries in their slots rather than pushing them down.This sounds like a battery is not making contact with the battery cover. 

brh
Master
Master

@knsd2017

What brand of batteries are you using?

Brian

knsd2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe the original batteries were Tenergy and I know the ones now are Panasonic.  They were all provided by Netgear/Arlo.  

knsd2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

That doesn't solve the problem. 

This has happened with 6 sets of batteries at approximately the same remaining battery life.  

brh
Master
Master

@knsd2017

I am aware that different batteries won't solve the problem and three months is actually pretty good especially if you leave them armed all the time. Something seems to either be misrepresenting the battery charge percentage or else when they drop below a certain amount then the cameras start losing the connection to the base. I was mainly wondering if you were using rechargeable or Lithium batteries.

Strange problem.

Brian