Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bedford_lofts
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras have been working fine the past 4 months.  Over the last 2 weeks, My Arlo sent me an email about low batteries for 3 different cameras over different days.  I bought new batteries to replace them.  1 of the cameras is not coming back online.  I tried to remove the camera from the base station and resync it to the base station but it will not sync with the base station.  I have followed the instructions and here is what happens.  My base station blinks green, my camera blinks blue but never gets to the part of the "rapid" blue blink.  Instead after about 20 seconds, the camera blinks amber rapidly.  I tried to sync again about 10 times but I get the same result.  I tried to use the batteries of a camera that synced fine but the same result of blinking amber.  Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most common mistake is HOLDING the base sync button...

So, pull the batteries and replace them making sure they are in correctly...

Power button cycle the base ( off/on ) and let it come back up

QUICK press on the base sync then 2 secs later press the camera sync button.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bedford_lofts
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

Most common mistake is HOLDING the base sync button...

So, pull the batteries and replace them making sure they are in correctly...

Power button cycle the base ( off/on ) and let it come back up

QUICK press on the base sync then 2 secs later press the camera sync button.

I performed the instructions as indicated twice and got the same result.  The camera blinks blue for about 45 seconds and then blinks amber rapidly for about 10 seconds.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you did all the steps Tom said, contact support and open a case.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Actually, there's one more thing to try before contacting support - remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and try syncing again.
bedford_lofts
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:
Actually, there's one more thing to try before contacting support - remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and try syncing again.

That is how I removed the camera in the beginning.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  I will contact support.

MandV
Aspirant
Aspirant
Blue light not coming on after replacing batteries and re synching. I have two cameras and one is perfect. The first one shows a message that its offline. It's not offline
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MandV,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JameC