Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
charLac
Aspirant
Aspirant

2/3 Arlo Wirefree first model cameras went haywire after heavy rain. I started getting nonstop alerts from one. The infrared stopped working on 2. I took one down, dried it off and took the batteries out and removed from app/base station. When I put the batteries back in I noticed some water coming out from around the motion sensor. I was able to get the infrared/night vision to work again. And live feed works fine, but it will not detect motion. Also, the battery power dropped suddenly from 60% to 20% on both cameras.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the seal around camera door for proper placement....

If less than a year old, you may want to file for warranty via Arlo support.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
charLac
Aspirant
Aspirant
What seal? Around the motion detector sensor? The batteries are dry. That seal is fine. I think the batteries were drained bc the alerts were going nuts. Batteries now say 40%. Now I can’t seem to get the infrared to go off even in full light.
charLac
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would appear these things are not exactly weather proof.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The seal around the battery door is the one in question. There are other seals (lens, face plate, etc.) but you can't do anything with them unlike the battery door one. These cameras are weather-resistant (I wouldn't call anything -PROOF) when the seals are in place, undamaged and properly utilized.

And the IR LEDs should never go off in bright light. If you mean the motion detection PIR sensor, anything is possible. If water got into the camera, it may be that it's not dried out completely or there's permanent damage to the electronics.

charLac
Aspirant
Aspirant
I wish someone would post something that is actually helpful instead of just flexing their general knowledge of the cameras. The grey view screen is all I’m seeing, like you see at night, but in regular daylight. The amber motion detection light does not come on when I do the motion detection test. The seal around the batteries is fine. I have not installed or used the camera improperly. It was in the same spot is has always been in and crapped out after a rain shower. The cameras are supposed to work through rain showers. It would appear that this has failed and that they fail way more than they should in rainy weather. This means that they should not be used in rainy weather, as the company claims that can be. If you do not have any info that is not actually going to help me solve the issue, then please refrain from responding.
dcfox1
Master
Master

You never mentioned the grey screen at daytime in original post. they were giving advised since you said it had water comming out and led lights. Short of contacting support or replacement if under warranty like suggested not sure that anyone can help here. 

charLac
Aspirant
Aspirant
Like I said, unless you have actual advice, please refrain from replying.