Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire Free VMB3000 camera is not showing up. Tried re-syncing and reinstalling Base.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
spider3045
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently got a new router and modem that has led to the base station not showing up. Help threads suggest reinstalling base station which I did and now none of the cameras are showing up. When I go to resync camera's, they are doing nothing. I have tried to replace the batteries and all that happens is the light initially shows blue for a few seconds and then turns to amber after I hit sync. 

I have tried to reinstall the base a few times and also just powered down the base, but no matter what I do the camera's stay amber when trying to sync. 

Is there a way to clear the cameras from prior settings or anything else to try and sync?  Only button I can find on the camera is the sync button and pressing for a second up to holding it for over 10 seconds doesn't do anything different.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
spider3045
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the help. These were all the steps I had been taking and the light stayed amber. I was able to finally sink them only after I replaced the batteries with fresh new ones on each camera. I had taken the batteries out for a day and even rotated them between cameras. The thing that finally worked was just a fresh pair of batteries.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi spider3045,

What LED lights are showing on your Base Station? And feel free to read this article to learn how to troubleshoot if your Arlo camera is not syncing with your Base Station: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

spider3045
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the help. These were all the steps I had been taking and the light stayed amber. I was able to finally sink them only after I replaced the batteries with fresh new ones on each camera. I had taken the batteries out for a day and even rotated them between cameras. The thing that finally worked was just a fresh pair of batteries.