Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire-Free Cannot Upgrade Suscription

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mvelez
Tutor
Tutor
Hello All;
I purchased 10 Arlo cameras and configured 5 of them under my account. When I try to upgrade the free subscription to add the remaining 5, there's no option available in the iOS app nor the PC. I already placed a ticket regarding the issue but no response yet.
Anyone?
7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

On your PC, go to Settings. On the left click Subscription. There should be a green box that says "Upgrade Now"

Mvelez
Tutor
Tutor

steve_t wrote:

On your PC, go to Settings. On the left click Subscription. There should be a green box that says "Upgrade Now"

Thanks for your respose Steve, but that box is not available on the WebApp on my PC, Laptop or iOS.

I read on another post that service subscriptions are not available in all countries. I'm currently at Puerto Rico, a US Territory. arlo.PNG

Any ideas? Thanks!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh right. I would say your next step is to go to the bottom of this page and hit "Contact Support" and go from there. They may or may not be able to upgrade you manually

Mvelez
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah.... that's what I did. Still waiting for a response. Will post here the outcome. Thanks for your attention Steve!
Mvelez
Tutor
Tutor

OK, I contacted Netgear Support and this is what they replied:

"We sincerely apologize but we haven't receive any future plans in adding Puerto Rico. But I suggest to suggest this in Arlo Idea Exchange. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented."

So, if somebody in Puerto Rico has plans of purchasing these cameras, be aware that the suscription service IS NOT AVAILABLE on the Territory. Smiley Frustrated

augustas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the ARLO 5 camera system and thought it was good. BUT when I started setting up my camera's video and motion detection I found the unadvertized requirements of purchasing additional features for the camera system. After I pay $580.00+ for the system I would expect it to perform like anyother system like FOSCAM or AMCREST. Thsy don't gouge you to be able to setup your camera's like you should be able to do. And having to pay to have video storage is B/S. With FOSCAM I downloaded video to my computer. I'm very unhappy with ARLO and will be returning my system. And dummy me I was the cause of my daughter and son to get 2 camera systems. Also my nephew purchased a 4 camera system. I will be telling them to return their systems also. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

What do you mean unadvertised? It's pretty clear that you get 7 days of free cloud storage and can get more with a subscription. Check out systems like Ring. You don't get any free cloud storage. It's all paid for. 7 days of free storage is pretty good for up to 5 cameras, which again is clearly written everywhere