Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wire-Free Camera night vision not working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Onemove
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo camera doesn’t go into night vision at all anymore unless I take the batteries out and put them back in. The camera is less than 9 months old but has not worked properly at night for the past 2 months. At first if I disabled the camera and turned it back on night vision would begin to work, now nothing except take the batteries out works. I have even tried restarting it but to no avail. Does anyone know if removing the device and resetting it will help. I can’t keep getting a ladder out every night to pull the batteries. I have attached a picture of the camera tonight without the night vision working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Onemove,

Try the steps below to see if this will fix the problem with night vision not working properly on your Arlo Wire-Free camera.

• Remove the camera device in Arlo.
  • Remove the batteries and let it discharge for a few minutes.
  • Afterwards, place the batteries back on.
  • Resync the Arlo Wire-Free camera to the base station. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This'll sound weird but can you mount the camera upside down and in the app/web select the "Rotate Image" option to be set to on? Then see how that goes.

Otherwise, I'd be looking to get the camera exchanged for a new one. Where did you buy the camera?

Onemove
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am willing to try anything thanks very much for your suggestion. I bought it at Lowe’s not sure if I could return or exchange it. Love the camera, disappointed in it’s reliability. Not even out in the weather it is under a covered porch!

Onemove
Aspirant
Aspirant

Flipping the camera didn’t work, no night vision until I pulled the batteries and put them back in. I am attaching pictures

After removing batteriesAfter removing batteriesBefore removing batteriesBefore removing batteries

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Onemove,

Try the steps below to see if this will fix the problem with night vision not working properly on your Arlo Wire-Free camera.

• Remove the camera device in Arlo.
  • Remove the batteries and let it discharge for a few minutes.
  • Afterwards, place the batteries back on.
  • Resync the Arlo Wire-Free camera to the base station. 
Onemove
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is one thing I have not tried but will 😊 let’s hope it is the cure all! I will let you know at dark tonight.

Onemove
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far the solution has worked! Three nights in a row the night vision has come on automatically 😁