Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMS3230C will not stop recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dougwms
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Arlo cameras and the problem is that one of them records continuously. No matter where I move it or switch it with cameras in locations where the other 3 cameras work OK, this one records all the time and eats up batteries. I have set the sensitivity to the lowest level and it has no effect. Since my other cameras all work with the settings I want to use on this one, I can only assume that I have a defective camera. If there is some solution to make this camera work that I haven't already tried a hundred times, I'm willing to give it a go. These are all the original Arlo cameras, not the Q or the Plus, but at least 3 out of 4 work. I think I've had them for less than 6 months and have never been able to use this one camera as I would like to.

Does Netgear replace or repair faulty cameras (if determined that mine is as defective as I kinda believe it is)?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Warranty is 1 year. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

erma921
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras and one of them will not stop recording no matter what I do.  It is draining the battery quickly.  I see several people have this issue.  What do I do to get it to work properly?  Have had them less than a year and three work good but the one doesn't.  It wouldn't stream for awhile and then that was solved and it still will not QUIT recording.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base.  Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices.  Open and close the battery door.  Resync the camera.  If nothing helps, open a case with support.