Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMS3230 - Base Station & Netgear Orbi system offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sandersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

A year back I invested in a packet of an Arlo VMS3230 Base Station and 2 cameras (WIFI / Batteries).

Looking in my app, it says Hardware VMB3500r4 for the base and H16 for the cameras.

The Arlo Base station is placed next to my router.

It has worked perfect until now, where I have added a Netgear Orbi Mesh net, to have better WIFI coverage in my house.

Now the Arlo is very unstable and mail functions a lot of times.

It gives me an error message in my native language, saying something like: “The power to the unit has been cut. Activity zones are currently deactivated.”.

I have tried to reinstall and connect and all that, but with no effect.

I have updated all I can find.

Having read through the manual, it seems that having a mesh net running can somehow block the Arlo signal.

I have tried to ask a tech minded friend, who says it is properly because the two systems use the same channel, but I can find no places to change channel in neither the Arlo App ore in the Orbi app.

If you have any advise of how I can get a good connection again, it would be great.

Best regard and thank you for your time.

Sandersson

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Sandersson

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Sandersson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS

Thank you for your nice reply.

But I think that I have found a very low technically solution to the problem 🙂

I had the Arlo Base station and my Netgear Orbi Base station placed with 3 feet apart.

I found an old post that mentioned that you could try to place them next to each other.

So, I did that, and placed them right next to each other.

And it actually seems to be working……….

Very strange, but as long as it is working, I am happy. 😂