Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMC3030 Keeps Going Offline

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
dwaynewhite
Guide
Guide

I have (4) VMC3030 Cameras connected to my base.  All have worked great until recently.  One of the cameras keeps going offline.  I've recycled the base, changed out the batteries on the camera, however it keeps going in and out.  Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Does it still happen if the cameras and base station are closer to each other?

dwaynewhite
Guide
Guide

Yes.  The camera that won't stay connected is the 2nd closet of the 4 cameras to the base.  It was working perfectly for over a year...just recently went offline...and won't stay online.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe what ant is asking is if you move the camera close to the base station, say three feet will it remain online, this will help to identify if the camera wifi hardware is dodgy.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
I believe what ant is asking is if you move the camera close to the base station, say three feet will it remain online, this will help to identify if the camera wifi hardware is dodgy.

Yes.  A similar test is to swap positions with a working camera, and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

dwaynewhite
Guide
Guide

Thank You.  This seems to have worked.  All cameras are working perfectly now.  Appreciate your assistance.  If I have any issues with it going out again, I'll respond to this thread.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

dwaynewhite: What worked? Moving closer? Swapping cameras?

Arlo forum staff: Please add quote option!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ant wrote:

Arlo forum staff: Please add quote option!

They do have it, select the 3 dots at the right while replying and there is a quote symbol among others to select the quote from the person you are replying to their post.  

dwaynewhite
Guide
Guide

Well, I spoke too soon.  The camera is now back offline.

What I did was switch positions of the two cameras closest to the base.  That worked initially, however, the camera that I was having issues with is now back offline.  Would that be a camera issue?

Dannybear
Master
Master
There have been reports of cameras going offline if taken a few feet from the base station. If you place the camera at three feet from the base will it remain online? Yes you may have to wait a day or so to prove.
Also to discount the battery, connect the charger to the camera in case the battery is intermittently dying.
Edit: remove battery first.
ShyHoneyBunny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue... one camera keeps going offline. It doesn't seems to matter where it's placed or how close it is to the base station. I've tried resetting & re-adding everything, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

dwaynewhite
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately, none of the recommendations solved my issue.  I ended up having to purchase a new camera.