Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Tony2641
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add on camera. First contacted support when camera would record but no video. After the upgrade the camera went offline as support had stated and was able to get video for appox 1 minute, then offline message appears, yet I still get my notifications and the clips.Once again even though the camera shows off line I still receive notifications.Unable to view them via mobile or computer just the picture taken in the notification. 

I have rebooted the syster ,remove and replaced the batteries and have the camera with in 5 feet of the unit now. It was 10 feet away and same problem. Purchased unit with two cameras,this is a addon. Even changing cameras around the addon stiil appears offline yet sends notifications on motion with photo,sometimes.

Thanks for any help and suggestions. Your doing a great job.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you tried swapping positions of the add on camera with one of the others? Maybe the one closest to the base station?

Tony2641
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the fast response. Yes I have switched the cameras around.Still drop's the video on the new add on only. I removed the camera,took out the batteries and resynced. One again no video on  app or computer screen yet other two work fine. The addon does pick up motion and sends clip or notification to emai.???????????????I can view.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I think you've done everything we can think of to get this camera going. I'd try and return it or ask Support for an RMA. If/when you return it, consider getting an Arlo Pro add on camera. The built in rechargeable battery, the huge reduction in lag between motion sensing and recording, and the two way audio make it an attractive offering given it syncs with the original base station. Just a thought. Good luck!

AdaminNYC
Tutor
Tutor
Hi from Adam in NYC, NY.

I think it is more related to the camera transmission to base station. Rotate the base 90 degrees and try again. If it's the sane, then it is the radio in the camera giving you problems. Sometimes promixty to devices like adjacent wifi devices or active microwave sources create problems.
Tony2641
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Adam
Thank you for the information. In my case it didnot work. I placed the camera with in ten feet of the unit around the compass and did the same with the base station..(two other unites always working) It will pick up the motion and send a notification plus a clip.On the screen the camera shows offline, yet it will detect motion. As soon as I reboot the camera or base station I do have reception on screen for 30 seconds then the offline message.
Again thank you for you time and effort.
By the way do the new model cameras sync with the Arlo? Thought the replacement for the defective camera might as well have rechargeable batteries if it works.
Again Thanks
Tony

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, the Pro cameras work with either base.