Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Support for R7000

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Com on Netgear, where's the support for Arlo on the R7000? It has been promised since February..... Is it coming? If not, just let us know!

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They have posted that the R7000 will no longer be a supported device for Arlo.  If you really want it, I have the last beta available for you to download but then you'll have very old firmware for both the router as well as Arlo with no chance to update.

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

OK, cheers for that I must have missed that post then. I am already running the old firmware, so am ok for now, but don't like the fact that it's an old beta.... is there a router that officially supports the router do you know?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. AFAIK, there won't be a router supported. Of course, the fact that the Add Device button still includes an image of a router as well as a base station may imply something is in the works. Just not the R7k.
ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

That really sucks... I only bought it as it supported Arlo to reduce the footprint an connections in my office..... very disappointed with that Netgear!!

incarvr6
Tutor
Tutor
How to get in touch with Netgear in UK to eather get free base station or full refund for cameras???
ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tried that, they just ignore you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

incarvr6, ShockwavePyro

Please contact the Arlo Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice
Apprentice

May I ask what you expect support will advise? If there are no plans to release a firmware update for the R7000 to provide Arlo support, they're just going to say reinstall the Arlo hub aren't they? but this does not alter the fact that I spent £130 on this router ONLY because it advertised that it supported Arlo.

Lemitsos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well believe it or not, I wrote to complain because I bought a camera when I found out that the R7000 could support it and now I could not use the camera anymore and Netgear sent me a base station. And right away! I have never seen a company so customer oriented in my life before. Big thanks and big bravo!

jguerdat wrote:

They have posted that the R7000 will no longer be a supported device for Arlo.  If you really want it, I have the last beta available for you to download but then you'll have very old firmware for both the router as well as Arlo with no chance to update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Woohoo! You're the first to post that. Good to knpow!
incarvr6
Tutor
Tutor
I got lucky as well, have received free base station from Netgear. First it whas without psu, but they sent it with second delivery. 🙂
Now issue is with same channel on base and router, which makes similar experience as when arlo whas supported on router. No settings available for that yet. 😞
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I have no issue with the baseusing the same channel as the router with both within inches of each other. However, if you can,use a long ether etcable or a WiFi extender with an Ethernet port to mokve the base away from the router. 20 feet has been mentioned as a suitable distance between the de vices.
grahamsims
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have the same problem, have bought two arlo stand alone camera's and have another one on the way.  Is there a possiblity of obtaining a basestation as I need to update my R7000 due to security issues.

Regards,

Graham

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

grahamsims,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

grahamsims
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am very pleased to say that I too have recieved a basestion free of charge.  I can not recommend Netgear highly enough for this.  Very pleased.

Regards,

Graham