Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bbprthead
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2-Arlo Lights, 2-Arlo Pro and 2-Arlo ultra 2 cameras and I’ve been seeing for over a year information on the Arlo Secure App upgrade. Mine has not upgraded, so when will I be able to upgrade to this new app experience????

#arlosecure

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bbprthead wrote:

when will I be able to upgrade to this new app experience????

You can force the migration to "feed" by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  That will fail (since you don't have the camera), but the workflow will migrate your account before you get stuck.

There are still some rough edges with "feed", so you might want to hold off.  Some folks with Arlo Lights have found they aren't working properly for them with the new user interface.  Also, "feed" has only three built-in modes.  While you can modify them, you cannot add any more.  A third issue is that most people have not been able to get the combination of geofencing+scheduling to work.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I'll second what @StephenB says. I repeat: consider NOT upgrading to the new user experience. If you're hoping to have something fancy (in terms of graphical features), yet functional, like the Hue app, you'll be *very* disappointed: this new user experience looks like it was written by some kind of hobbyist as a side project. @StephenB did mention the key problems, but overlooked little glitches, of which there is galore in the new app. 

Bbprthead
Aspirant
Aspirant

WOW very disappointing!!  Especially because the old app is just getting worse too. Notifications take forever and their response is that it’s due to the video being analyzed for a Person, vehicle or animal. However if that’s the case I’d rather have faster notifications than those distinctions and worst of all you can’t turn those off and only get notifications. 

Really close to getting rid of Arlo; they’ve gone downhill and it’s just getting worse for 3-yrs now.