Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Samsung S7 notifications

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
5pinkclouds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I'm not able to get push notifications on my Samsung S7. Other authorised users of the camera are on iphone and getting notifications from the camera, but I get nothing. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled. I have gone into phone settings and turned on and off the allow push notifications several times. I'm the administrator, I have notifications set to green for activity but nothing comes through. I just wonder if it's my phone or the Playstore app rather than Arlo settings? Can anyone confirm if they are using Samsung S7 and getting notifications. I've read previous topis / solutions which most seem solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that didn't work for me.

Thanks,

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @5pinkclouds

I have a few questions for you.

Have you made sure your rules are set with notifications enabled?

You can also try and clear the cache for the app.

What firmware version is your base station & cameras/what Arlo Mobile App version are you running?

5pinkclouds
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for reply. Yes notifications and rules are set. The phone settings have enabled notifications. I turned on email to test the rules and the email notifications work.
I have just cleared the cache do will see if that helps not known yet.
Mobile app version 2.7.2_25500.
Hardware is VMB4000r3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@5pinkclouds

I know it's not fun to do, but possible a few attempts with a fresh install of the Arlo Mobile App will remedy the issue.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have the S7 and no problems with notifications.

Have you tried wiping the cache on your phone by going into recovery mode?

5pinkclouds
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks have done all suggested including recovery mode cache and reinstalling app a few times. No solution unfortunately.
Woody250r
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having the same issues ever since I updated my app a few weeks ago. I tried reinstalling the previous version but no luck. I've been very frustrated with Arlo lately and I have to wonder if I bought a good product or not...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Woody250r

Just to clarify, you are using a Galaxy s7? If so, can you provide the OS version? 

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps above?

5pinkclouds
Aspirant
Aspirant
Android 8.0.0 and phone model is SM-G930F. Latest arlo app installed. Thanks
5pinkclouds
Aspirant
Aspirant
Android 8.0.0 and phone model is SM-G930F. Latest arlo app installed. I tried all steps in this thread multiple times. Still doesnt work. Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@5pinkclouds

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support