Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
YumaWildcat
Aspirant
Aspirant
The option to “Rotate Image 180*” does not appear under “Device Settings” —> “Video Settings”. In fact, only thing that appears is ability to adjust brightness. (No night vision or power management options either).

Original setup was done on my wife’s phone and access was shared w mine. Flipping image, etc is available on wife’s phone and has no impact on what is viewable on mine.

Extremely frustrated and any help would be much appreciated. I have uninstalled and re-installed App to no avail. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Take a look here to see what you can and can't do using the grant access feature.

https://kb.arlo.com/1103229/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-my...

YumaWildcat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. However, does that mean the video will always be upside down for me??
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Was the camera installed upside down and then the rotate 180 degree option used for your wife?

YumaWildcat
Aspirant
Aspirant
This finally flipped on my phone hours after I flipped it on my phone. Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I am now fighting with the geofencing not working. I have renamed my phone to eliminate the apostrophe (ignoring the fact that it is ridiculous this is the proposed “fix”) to no avail.

I have been satisfied with the camera themselves, but EXTREMELY disappointed with the software. Less than a week in, I’m confident I have wasted a substantial amount of money on these cameras and will be changing systems.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @YumaWildcat,

Could you clarify what is not working when trying geofencing?

YumaWildcat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jessica:

The Arlo app, under geofencing, continues to identify my phone as “unavailable.” However, I have repeatedly ensured that my location services are always on. I believe it is related to the apostrophe issue I have seen identified with geofencing errors. While it is crazy that it should be required, I changed the name of my phone in my iPhone settings. I then uninstalled and re-installed the application on both phones multiple times. However, the Arlo app continues to identify my phone using the name that includes and apostrophe (e.g. “John Doe’s iPhone” and continues to identify my phone as “unavailable”.

I appreciate your effort to help, but I am extremely frustrated at this point.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to disable all the devices on your "Enabled Devices" list in Geofencing, save, and then re-enable all the devices again.

YumaWildcat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Unfortunately, I have done this dozens of times without success.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me help create a case for you so our support team can help you with geofencing not working properly. I will send you a private message to gather more information from you.