Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Return Issue

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nuts4Cats
Guide
Guide

This is the closest forum I could find to the subject of my question. Netgear found one of the cameras in the package I bought to be defective, admitting that it was in a batch that had never even been inspected. Am I wrong to expect Netgear to take full responsibility for this by paying for the cost of return shipping of the defective unit? Is that unreasonable? I was actually shocked by that. I have never had that happen before. Comapnies always cover return shipping, especially when the company is the source of the problem for which it is being returned. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nuts4Cats,

I would like to review your support case. If you could, please private message me with your email address/support case number and I will take a look at the case and escalate if necessary.

JamesC

rhinone
Initiate
Initiate

I bought my 1st set of 4 cameras back in January 18 2017 from Amazon.  One of the cameras broke immediately.  Amazon required me to return all of the cameras because 1 was broken.  2nd Set of 4 Arlo Pro January 30 2017 cameras 1 of the cameras broke immediately this time I convinced Amazon to accept just the broken camera.  NOW a 3rd camera has failed after only 1 ½ months.  I hate calling the ALRIGHTY!!! Support group and don’t want to send this broken camera back to the manufacture at my expense because it is likely another one will break in the near furture.  Is there anyone at Netgear that wants to address why they have such a high failure rate?  Is there anyone at Netgear that wants to address the policy of making the customer pay for returns to Netgear give the high failure rate?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rhinone,

What you are experiencing isn't common. What behavior is your camera exhibiting that indicates it is defective?

JamesC