Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Reliability getting so much worse

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 1 In Conversation
AtTheSwamp
Follower
Follower

I have two Arlo camera base station installs in two different locations, three cameras in each location.  I have granted access between the two locations (A and B) so can view all six cameras through the app.  Things went ok for a few years.  Recently though, it has been rough.  At Location A, when the rechargeable batteries need to be replaced and recharged, the cameras have to be resynced (well, two of them do - the third resyncs automatically).   Last weekend, I couldn't get a camera resynced at all - nothing worked. Contacted Arlo support - a WEEK later I get a boilerplate response about how to resync, then if that doesn't work I need to restart my whole system (starting with modem) and then send Arlo an entire description of my whole system (all networked hardware and software) and where I bought the camera. Seriously?  Fortunately, the camera now was able to be resynced for some reason (after a restart of only the base station).  BUT when I did resync the camera, I could not grant access to the be viewed from the other location.   So I deleted the access and regranted it and now the access is granted but the two locations show inconsistent information....camera 1 in location A is on but when viewed from location B the camera shows as offline (not off, but offline, a big difference). PLUS the camera batteries are draining in a week now so I have to face this nightmare every week? Is it a firmware problem?  Is it a bigger problem?  Oh, and forgot to mention:   When I did reply to Arlo Support to submit my information on the first problem after they asked for everything including my SSN (practically) I got a message that the Support system was down and engineers are working on it - try later!  What a mess it all has become.  Seriously, not worth it.

0 REPLIES 0