Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Shows Black screen In Night Vision

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
stansikkema
Tutor
Tutor

The  camera shows only black in night vision and it started it after it did a firmware update.  H7 .    I have disconnected it the reconnected it and it worked 1 night with night vision then it would show black again. 

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Take the camera into a dark room and trigger it. You should be able to see the dull red glow of the IR illuminators.

stansikkema
Tutor
Tutor

The IR does turn on

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use live view and adjust the brightness (sun icon). Be sure to save the new setting. Check it during daylight so you don't get blown-out videos. Also post a screenshot or video link of both daytime and nighttime.

stansikkema
Tutor
Tutor

I have done that too, and that has not done anything.    When the firmware updated that is when it started doing it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AT this point I'm not sure if we're talking about the VMC3030 wireless camera or a Q, both being referred to in the topic title. Regardless, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it.

stansikkema
Tutor
Tutor

It is not for the Q- sorry

it is for the VM3030 . 

and I did disconnect and reconnect and it worked for a day, then it goes back to the black screen

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Short of resetting the whole system and trying again, your last resort is to open a case with support here.

stansikkema
Tutor
Tutor

how do you open a case with support?  I have been looking all over for the support ticket.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

stansikkema

To add to what jguerdat said, I I have provided the link for Arlo Technical Support Arlo Tech Support