Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Rabitepoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure which update caused the issue (either Android or Arlo), but now mine and my wife's notifications are all screwed up.  We still get notifications of activity on our phones, but they're all grouped together under one entry and the notification no longer appears on my lock screen or vibrates to alert me.  That means that my camera could trigger 10 times and i wouldn't know unless i opened up my phone and checked my notification list.  It's incredibly annoying and could cause issues with home security since we're not being actively alerted. 

I checked the app settings and notifications and vibration are all enabled.  Am i missing something here?  Anyone else having an issue with this?  We're both using Pixel 2 phones updated to the latest version, and the Arlo app, also updated to the latest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rabitepoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update - I found a way to fix it for now.  My wife and I reinstalled the Arlo app and we're now receiving notifications on our lock screen and our phones are vibrating when they receive the push notifications.  The only small issue is that when the cameras initially switched to geofencing the notification would not clear from my notifications list.  The fix for that was to turn off notifications and switch them back on immediately.  We'll see how long that second minor problem persists!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoseCanyusi
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. The notifications tend to just stack-up in limbo until something else causes the phone to wake up - for example, my credit card notification or my e-mail notification. At that time, all of my camera notifications are released at once, up to 4 or 5 notifications all at the same time. Samsung S8+

Rabitepoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update - I found a way to fix it for now.  My wife and I reinstalled the Arlo app and we're now receiving notifications on our lock screen and our phones are vibrating when they receive the push notifications.  The only small issue is that when the cameras initially switched to geofencing the notification would not clear from my notifications list.  The fix for that was to turn off notifications and switch them back on immediately.  We'll see how long that second minor problem persists!