Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro rechargeable batteries

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

The new Arlo wireless have rechargeable batteries correct? If this is true, can those be used in the 1st Gen of wireless Arlo cams.
Also what type of rechargeable battery is it? NiMh or Lithium?
Are all 4 batteries in a 4 pack type design?

Battery charging stations - I have 7 cameras and wonder what the charger style is for the batteries? I'll have to have 2 sets of batteries and they'll need to be at full charge when the change out is done. Very important to know the battery type here as some NiMH are made as LSD (low self discharge) and some are not.
Pricing of the batteries and charger stations. 
NiMh batteries will drain faster with longer record durations and increased night vision amplification. This is also a serious issue in a rechargeable battery.

Many questions so, I'll wait the reply.

3 REPLIES 3
ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I actually answered my own post by watching some Youtube videos about it.

The batteries are 7.2 volt Lion - answered.

Charger station  - single cord

Battery life over regular lithium 16% avg.

New Arlo pro batteries- Wont fit in Arlo 1st gen battery well. Imagine that?

Amazon - Arlo original replacement battery for the Pro was $50.00 per battery including chg cord.

Lithium CR123a protected 4 pack for 1st gen Arlo - $25.99 / charger extra with promo code.

No brainer here. Keep the 1st gen and get rechargeable Lithium replacements and not NiMH LSD types.

7 cams X 8 batteries per = $350.00 in batteries + charger cost. These probably will last a couple of years. The trick on rechargeable lithium batteries is you charge them up and let them die and then recharge them or you'll eat up the amount of charge cycles per battery which isn't included in the information. 1000 charge cycles would sound about right if true.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

RE PRO CAM;

Yes, they are 7.4v Li-ion cell pack containing 4 indiviual li-ion cells that charge up to 8.4v when just off charge, with capacity of 2440maHr.

Charger uses a dual output voltage of 5v ( usb standard ) and 9 v ( for full charging of pack ) ...full charge takes about 2.5 hrs.

BTW, you can run the PRO camera from the charger supplied with or without the battery pack installed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

That would defeat the wireless idea useage of it then. You'd have to have one heck of a long bunch of cords to use it in my applications. Solar panels would be tacky looking like a satelite dish on every corner of the house.

Tks.