Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro reached limit of authentication codes. Now what?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RBHYD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently been forced to update my arlo app on my apple phone. When attempting to log on I would recieve an authentication code but did not know where to enter it. With the old app there would be a new to enter the code. After lots of digging I found somewhere it said to enter the code after my password. The problem now is apparently I've been locked out after too many tries. I'm recieving the code "Unused second factor auths limit reached". Any ideas of what I need to do? I'm paying monthly to see my cameras and I cannot log in. I tried logging in on desktop and resetting my password but that didn't help.

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RBHYD,

Are you still experiencing the same behavior? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

JamesC

RBHYD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James thank you for responding. I am now receiving authentication codes but I have another issue. Ever since being required to upgrade my mobile app the pop up screen to enter the code does not appear. I enter my log in info and it texts me a code but no place to enter it. The app just goes back to the home screen with the option to log in or create new account. I can access my cameras from my PC and my wifes phone but there seems to be an issue with my app. I tried deleting and re-installing many times. I'm running ios version 16.2 which I believe the app requires to be at least 11; so I'm currently confused on what to do.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RBHYD,

Are you able to provide a screenshot?

JamesC

RBHYD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Logging_In.pngGetting_Code.pngBack_To_Login.pngHere are the screen shots. Logging in first, receiving code in second and back to login. Never gives me a pop up screen to enter my code.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the screenshots. The development team is currently investigating this issue.

JamesC

RBHYD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for looking into this.

Mpt3366
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did anyone ever help you with this problem?  Same thing is happening to me now. Thanks. 

RBHYD
Aspirant
Aspirant

No still waiting. I find it interesting that you are also having the same problem. 

8alzd33p
Tutor
Tutor

If you’re using iOS 2FA is biometric authentication optional? That’s what I use but I’m using VMB4540r3 base ver:  1.20.4.1_1311_d606780

app (ver: 4.0.3) 

If anyone could reply back with the firmware version for the pro 3 camera itself and wired doorbell because I have seen a visual update on 1 camera and not sure why Arlo and other manufacturers that have a “easy to verify” database + notification (auto-response) multi level IOT devices (firmware version for each device that the app is linked with ie. Cams/doorbell/each separate model).