Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloProblems
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all. Hope someone will be able to. help. I think my system did a firmware update a few days ago because the appearance of the app has changed a little. Since then, my four cameras won’t record motion to the library and won’t send any notifications. I have done everything I can think of to solve the problem but nothing has worked. I have removed the whole system, reinstalled and re-synced the cameras. Nothing. All the sensitivities are set correctly. System is armed. Batteries are fully charged. Live view still works. As it stands, I currently have a totally useless system. I am starting to get a little frustrated with the whole system.. I really don’t think it should be so difficult. I have seen the other comments re this and I have applied all their solutions. Still nothing. The system is about six months old and has been working well up until this update.. When I go into the system and the cameras manually, they all say firmware is up to date. Any ideas would be appreciated..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloProblems
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally sorted. I had to remove the batteries from the cameras, put back in, sync again and now they all work again. Apparently for the camera firmware to update you have to remove the batteries, reinsert and re-sync. All good now. At least I now know for next time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sleepymandan
Aspirant
Aspirant

You said "system is armed" but you might double (or triple) check the mode. I just went through the same process you are expressing and then realized my system had switched to a custom mode that I made when I was experimenting with the system. I didn't notice until I used the laptop version of the app and saw the icon for motion detection was grayed out.

ArloProblems
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that but all my settings are set correctly. I called the help line but they weren’t very helpful. I have solved it myself though - albeit temporarily. There was an auto update on 19 Oct that updated the Firmware to version 2.6.0.937_24489. For some reason, my system won’t work with this update. I have replaced the base station and everything works again perfectly. I know - an expensive way to solve the problem. The app now keeps telling me that a firmware update is available which I will NOT be installing. The only problem is that when the next update happens, it will auto update during the night and I will be back to square one. I think I can reset the base station so hopefully that will restore it to factory settings with no updates. Not sure though.

QUESTION - Does anyone know how to disable the auto update function? I can’t find it anywhere in the app or on the full website.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't disable the auto-update.

ArloProblems
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update - auto update happened last night as I predicted and the cameras don’t work again. This is ridiculous.

ArloProblems
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally sorted. I had to remove the batteries from the cameras, put back in, sync again and now they all work again. Apparently for the camera firmware to update you have to remove the batteries, reinsert and re-sync. All good now. At least I now know for next time.