Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Outdoor Cameras Go Offline - Only Reset with Battery Removal and Re-Install

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bruner88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been using these cameras (five total) at two separate locations (two homes in two different cities) for over two years with no issues. However within the past two to three months on numerous occasions at both locations I will lose two or more cameras on the same day at a location and the only way to fix the offline issue is to manually pop the batteries out and back in.  These are brand new batteries.  I suspect a firmware update has caused the instability but at this point I can't rely on the system to monitor my homes any longer at either location. Rather frustrating considering they are two thousand miles apart.  While I understand this particular model is getting outdated I am very disappointed that a perfectly reliable system is now so unstable due to something I have no control over.  Reinserting the batteries constantly is not a viable solution to continue using Arlo.  Firmware 1.5.295 Hardware H7   

Anyone else seeing this pattern?

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you know if power cycling the base station can resolve the camera offline issues? If so you could install a smart switch on the base station to remotely reboot it.
bruner88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately recycling the base station has not impact.  The only solution I have found is to remove the batteries and reinsert.  That fixes my issues 100% of the time but it is happening frequently now.

Dannybear
Master
Master
If it’s a software issue then arlo support is the way to move forward.

As you say the cameras worked well for so long, look for environmental changes such as wifi interference. Check with a wifi scanner around the location for other sources on or next to the router and base channel. Fixing the router wifi to a fixed channel away from the interference source can be an option.