Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JoanB
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 2 years my arlo started going offline constantly...I finally just deleted it off smart things and was just going to reinstall...somehow after I did this, it disappeared off my arlo app. So I tried to reinstall but keeps saying it can't find any hub. I changed batteries in arlo, and turned off hub and reconnected and turned back on. The arlo seems to be synced to netgear hub as the light is green and on arlo blue light flashes quickly when I open and close battery case. My arlo app just can't seem to find any device.
I have tried moving further apart, closer together...tried dozens of times, but can't find any devices when I search.
Anyone have any ideas
Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

JoanB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks...thought I'd try community first but will try support...thank you
JoanB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was so frustrated I needed to take a week to think about it!!.I did email support last week but have not heard back.
I cannot reload my camera onto the app now..I have tried dozens of times changing the location (closer. .further) unplugged and unplugged...rebooted everything including my phone...tried reinstalling on my husband's phone ..I have Samsung he has I phone.
I can see the camera is synced to the hub by the lights but that does not help me if I cannot get my device to install on my phone. Frustration as I have had the same issue in the past and I just uninstalled and reinstalled without issue. I have the new app...double checked.
Do you have any ideas?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JoanB

I don't see a base station associated with your account. Did you happen to remove the base from your account?

JoanB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Yes, I removed everything.
Whether I try to reinstall base station or camera, it always says searching for base station or hub. Both camera and base are close together when I try to reinstall, but it just keeps searching and then says it can't find it. I have rebooted the base station as well.
I keep thinking it must be something simple I am missing. I have done this before when it became unavailable so I just don't get it.
Thanks for any suggestions!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JoanB

Can you let me know which model base station you have? (VMB...)

Also, what are the status LED lights displaying in left to right order?