Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - Not Recording Automatically

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Forgotten031511
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have my Arlo camera mounted inside my window frame point out to the parking lot of my condo association with motion set to defauly 80% and to record 120s. As the system is new for me (1 day) I check it from time to time to see how it is working. When I checked the library, no new recordings...but when I went to live view I saw my neighbor getting out of his car. Somehow the system missed AN ENTIRE CAR driving through the frame...ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Forgotten031511
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo.PNG

The red line is the path the vehicle took and the red arrow shows where the vehicle parked and a person exited the drivers side door and walked to the door (camera left). Not sure how the camera missed any motion...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

None of the wireless cameras will record through glass due to the use of a passive IR sensors. Glass blocks the IR so motion will never be detected. The Q cameras are the only ones that will work through glass since they use a pixel-based detection system.

Forgotten031511
Aspirant
Aspirant

Really? It had worked yesterday and picked up motion through glass.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's good to know. Maybe it's the type of window you have. It usually won't work. Let us know of your continued success (or failure). If you know the exact window model, that could be interest in to research.

Forgotten031511
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll share that information when I get home; though, it's likely I will be returning these.

Forgotten031511
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will Arlo Pro work through glass?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Same issue with the passive IR sensor. Apparently some windows pass IR but many won't.