Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo No LOnger Sending Emails of Sending Alerts

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cometwatcher
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last week (week of 5/21) my Arlo VMB3000 went into a permanent "offline mode" for some reason.  This happened right after getting an email from Netgear about a possible security issue and to change my password.   So being security conscious person, I changed my password as suggested.  But the issue with my "permanent offline mode" still would not go away.  After talking with Support (via Chat) I factory reset my VMB3000 and had to re-add all 5 cameras.  They appeared to be functioning fine as I can "live stream" and peform other managemnt functions.

Now when my cameras are "Armed" be it using the "default" Armed option or using the Scheduled option my cameras no longer send alerts or send emails even though it senses motion.  I have run all the motion tests via Settings. set sensitivities, etc.  Those tests all "validate".  But it seems that when the cameras appear to be "armed" they aren't actually sesning anything nor generating any alerts.  I use both the Web Browser app and my iOS App to manage these devices - but really no difference in terms getting the system to function?

On the email side - there is no Spam/Junk folder issue, since no emails actually ever generate from the system.  I have two different email accounts I use and bot function just fine.  So what gives here??  I am at a loss as to why they appear to be "Armed" but really do not sned alerts nor emails...  Very Frustrated!!!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There was an issue from a prior fw update around then.....

You can call Netgear Support, but in the end I think you have to remove all from your account and set it up as when new to rebuild everything properly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Cometwatcher
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.  Actually when I had contacted Support we performed the extended "30 second" reset option.  This essentially put me back to the factory defaults and into the "New Device Setup" mode.  So after performing the New Device setup, I re-added all five of my cameras via the "Add Device" mode.  Interestingly the cameras came back just fine keeping the original names I had assigned them when they were working.

The only option I am going to try is to "deactivate" them and then reactivate them to see if it makes a difference.  But that would be my "last resort" effort and then as you said, I need to talk to support.  Thanks again.