Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Mod # VMS 3230-100 NAS not receiving email notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Columbo1
Guide
Guide

I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications of activity on any of my 5 cameras. I have re-checked to be sure that my Settings /Profile show my e-mail address.. camera activity does appear to be posting in my "Library"". I'm not sure when the e-mail notifications stopped. - but I haven't gotten any for at least several weeks. Four of my cameras show Hardware as: H7 & Firmware as 1.3..314 One of my cameras show Hardware as H11 & Firmware as 1..2..31616 My base unit and four original ARLO model cameras are about 2 years old. Any help on this will be appreciated. Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Columbo1

For one thing, it appears that your firmware is out of date.

My H7 camera is at version 1.3.317

My H11 camera is at version 1.092.0.19_26228

Not sure how you can update it manually.

Text and email notifications are done on a camera by camera basis in the Rules section of the Armed, (or custom) Mode. Check if they are enabled for each camera. Sometimes a firmware update will change some settings.

Brian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@Columbo1

For one thing, it appears that your firmware is out of date.

My H7 camera is at version 1.3.317

My H11 camera is at version 1.092.0.19_26228

Not sure how you can update it manually.

Text and email notifications are done on a camera by camera basis in the Rules section of the Armed, (or custom) Mode. Check if they are enabled for each camera. Sometimes a firmware update will change some settings.

Brian

Columbo1
Guide
Guide

Hi Brian

Thanks very much !

You gave me enough info to fix my problem.  Somehow the "e-mail notification" section was not selected on each of the cameras.  I had forgotten how to drill down to the rules section of the system.