Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Trickyt57
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo App is not fully working since late December upgrade.   For some weeks the Library function has stopped working on both the iPad Pros in our house.   This concerns the Arlo App running under the latest version of iOS (11.2.1).  All other Arlo functions work fine, including settings, devices and mode.  I can view the live streams with no problem.  However when I click on “Library”, it goes to the page, but no videos are visible and the App freezes.  I have to close the App, and re-start it but still can’t click on “Library” without freezing the App.

This happens on different iPads Pros with different user accounts and different apps installed.  It does not make any difference whether I am on the home network or external network.  The problem is also the same on 3G or 4G telephone networks.  

I have tried removing and re-installing the app on the iPad Pros   I have tried shutting down and re-starting the App.   I have tried switching and rebooting the home network.  I have tried rebooting the Arlo base stations.

The Arlo App works just fine on an ordinary iPad (not pro), and on an iPhone.  It’s only on the two iPad Pros that it stopped working.

I suspect this is a software bug in the Pro version.   I am using using the Arlo App version 2.4.5 which is the latest version.

Anyone got any suggestions apart from the ones I tried above?     (I suggest to read carefully what I tried already to avoid proposing those same things.)

29 REPLIES 29
Rattvader
Guide
Guide

I’ve been watching this thread now for sometime. I as well am experiencing the same issue on both my IPad Air2 and my IPad Pro. However I can see my library on my IPhone7. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both iPads to no avail. I’m paying Arlo for cloud storage on 8 cameras and I feel as though I’m not getting what I payed for if I can only access the library records through my iPhone. If anyone who has some “pull” with Netgear could resolve this I will continue to be a valued customer. 

lyle57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had been having this same issue on both IPAD PROS's (My Wife's and mine) and been on this thread earlier.  Last weekend I purchased a new router which is a Google Wifi mesh router to get better coverage in our house.  Now both IPAD's are able to access the Arlo Library with no problems. Google Wifi uses the same SID network name for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. I am guessing since my old router had different 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz SID network band names and the IPAD's were on the 5 GHz this resolved the issue (Arlo base station uses the 2.4 GHz band).  Something to look into at least since both of our's are now working.

Rattvader
Guide
Guide

Wow...weird!!!  We had actually just ordered a couple days ago the Orbi WiFi booster with 2 satellites.  It is similar to a mesh type set up is my understanding...not that I know much about this stuff. Anyway just got done setting it up and lo and behold the library recordings are there...on both iPads!!! Go figure   Overall after almost two years I like Arlo,but it’s random comings and goings can be a pain in the... 

RenaW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem with ipad.  Worked find a few weeks ago but now it freezes.  Must be a software problem.  I guess we need to wait for another update?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app was released to the app store. Please make sure you have the latest version installed and let me know if you still experience this issue.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.3 - 7th June 2018

JamesC